We send recalls out via email every 6 months and a text reminder 2 days before the appointment.
We have a small contract with the NHS which we use to provide dental care for children under 18 years.
- pay for any treatment as they go along or;
- Take advantage of the 10% discount on treatment charges by joining Denplan Essentials from only £14.29 a month. Denplan Essentials fully covers you for 1 checkup a year, any necessary hygienist visits, access to the Denplan emergency helpline and accident insurance.
- In addition to the benefits of Denplan Essentials, Denplan Care is available for a fixed fee from only £23.64 a month and covers all of the treatment costs apart from lab bills (typically giving a 2/3 discount off the normal charge for anything that we have made especially for you such as crowns and dentures).
Children enjoy new experiences so bring them along when you have your check up. We can give advice on how to look after your little ones teeth and prevent them having problems. Their teeth will come through without any decay and it is possible to keep them that way.
Our hygienists say yes! It can be a bit tricky to get used to an electric toothbrush when you’ve been sawing away with a manual brush for years. Modern electric toothbrushes oscillate to remove debris effectively without wearing away at your teeth. Our hygienists will be happy to show you the best technique – like tying your shoelaces – how can you be expected to know if you’ve not been shown.
Periodontal disease is the most common cause of tooth loss in adults and happens when the gums and bone around the teeth recede.
Periodontal disease is caused by bacteria in plaque. If plaque is not removed effectively the gums become inflamed. You may start to notice bleeding when you spit after brushing. Your immune system will attack bacteria in plaque. Unfortunately this immune reaction also damages the gums as well. Eventually the gums will peel away from the teeth and if left long enough the bone surrounding the teeth will recede as well. This damage is irreversible.
Often people don’t realise that they have a problem until their teeth start to become wobbly and may even be lost. You can’t do anything about your immune response to plaque build up but we can show you how to get rid of plaque effectively so that your body has nothing to respond to. We monitor the health of your gums at each check up to ensure that early signs of periodontal disease are dealt with before damage occurs. Life’s much nicer when you can smile and chew properly.
Antibiotics are not routinely prescribed unless the Dentist feels that there is a danger of the infection spreading
Gum boils are when infection in the mouth leaks out of the gums. Antibiotics will contain the symptoms for as long as you are taking them but the problem will only go away when the cause is dealt with.
Limited car parking is available at the practice for blue badge holders only.
We will always give you time to discuss your anxieties and how we can help you.
Opening hours 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 9am-5pm, please note we close for lunch at 1pm to 1.45pm although we will answer the phone.
Emergency appointments are available every day- please phone as soon as you can and we will do our best to see you on the same day.
Out of hours you can either;
- leave a message on our answering machine and we will respond when the practice reopens
- if you feel that your problem is urgent for example after trauma or uncontrolled swelling or bleeding the answering machine will give the phone number of the dentist on call who will advise on the best course of action. You may not be speaking to your own Dentist.
- There is also a Dental Access Centre at the Westmoreland General Hospital in Kendal on 01539 795810